Friday, September 14, 2007

Antiques with scars, stories add charm, warmth to homes

I am a sucker for old furniture. Whether it's a valuable antique or a vintage piece, these aged beauties, with their graceful lines and imperfections, lend warmth and character to their surroundings. I think furniture with a past adds oodles of interest to a space and gives a home a lived-in look.

If you want to become a serious collector of antiques and invest in pieces of great value, you'll want to do your homework first. Reams of books and a host of Web sites can help educate you about what makes some pieces more valuable than others and what you should look for when selecting different kinds of antiques.

But if you're like me, when you look for furniture for your home, you are less concerned with scouting out fine antiques and more interested in finding timeless treasures that will win your heart.

3 comments:

antique shopping online said...

Fabulous antiques!
Antiques republic is an antique shopping online that has a number of antiques dealers and also offers a good quality antiques.

Fladen Flotation Suits said...

I just built my new home and i love furnitures that are antique. I really searched for the story behind an antique because if it is already in my home, I will tell it to my visitors about this antique furniture. Fladen Flotation Suits

Coupon Trunk said...

I have a fondness for antiques that aren't in perfect condition. They're great for achieving that rustic look.